Please read through all the information below to prepare for the conference.
Check-In: Monday June 12, 2017
All attendees check-in on Monday between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. at EVIT (1601 West Main Street, Mesa, Arizona 85201) in the Culinary Building lobby. You will check-in at the table that corresponds with your last name and label any luggage with your name and hotel room number (given at check-in). Your luggage will be taken to the hotel after check-in. If you have any medical issues and/or prescription medication(s), you must also check-in at the nurse’s table. After checking in, you and your parents will meet your counselor.
Check-Out: Friday June 16, 2017
Your parents are invited to the Parent Presentation on Friday from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium. The meeting will provide an overview of the week, a special musical performance, suggestions on how to encourage you to incorporate the ideas you have been taught into your family life, and a viewing of the highlight video. After the meeting, you and your parents will be dismissed to the Ballroom to say your goodbyes and get your luggage.
After you register, the nurse will look over your medical information provided on the registration form and contact you if she has any questions. If you have any medical issues and/or prescription medication(s), you must check-in at the nurse’s table on Monday after your initial check-in.
We strive to offer a variety of healthy meals and snacks during the conference, and are only able to offer two meal plans at this time: regular and gluten-sensitive. If your daughter has other dietary needs that would prevent her from attending the conference, please contact Colette Hatfield (Colette@TimeToBlossom.com) to discuss other possible arrangements that could be made for your daughter.
- Pants & Shorts
- Skirts & Dresses (Optional)
- Socks & Shoes
- Closed-Toe Shoes (Please wear these on Tuesday for the service project.)
- Swimsuit & Cover-Up (Optional)
- Exercise Clothing & Shoes (Optional)
- Toiletries & Sunscreen
- Scriptures (Your counselor will let you know if you need scriptures for a certain day.)
- Prescription Medication
- Inexpensive Camera
- Cell Phone (Please leave other electronic devices at home.)
- Reusable Water Bottle
You are expected to wear clothing that meets the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints found in For the Strength of Youth.
- Clothing should be modest, neat, and clean in appearance and fit.
- Shirts must have sleeves that cover your shoulders.
- Sheer or lace tops must be worn over a shirt with sleeves that cover your shoulders.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must extend to at least your knees (even when wearing leggings).
- Shorts, pants, and jeans must not have any holes.
If you do not wear clothing that meets these standards, you will be asked to change, your parents will be responsible for providing a change of clothes, or you will be given clothes from conference staff.
Monday/Thursday: You can wear regular outfits on these days.
Tuesday: You will participate in the service project at Feed My Starving Children. The organization requires you to wear closed-toe shoes and no jewelry while there.
Wednesday: You can participate in the Fashion Show and wear your favorite outfit. You will need to wear it all day, or you can put any part of it in your tote bag until it’s time for the show.
Friday: You will receive a shirt to wear with pants or capris (please no shorts).
Swimming: You will have time in the morning to swim and will need to wear a cover-up (or top and bottoms) to and from the pool.
Exercise Class: Counselors will teach exercise classes every morning, so you can bring exercise clothes if you would like to participate.
Service Project: Feed My Starving Children
Attendees will be bused to Feed My Starving Children for the service project. They are a non-profit Christian organization committed to feeding God’s children hungry in body and spirit. The approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children, and we ship these meals to our distribution partners. FMSC meals have reached nearly 70 countries around the world in their history.
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a Penny Drive to benefit Feed My Starving Children. You should gather as many pennies as you can and bring them to the conference. The pennies will be collected on Monday and donated to FMSC.
- Be a good example and use your best manners.
- Treat the facilities and employees with respect.
- Speak positively and use language that uplifts, encourages, and invites the Spirit.
- Do not gossip, make fun of others, use profane or vulgar language, or have conversations about immoral actions.
- Do not participate in any pranks.
- Follow the Dress Code.
- Always have a friend with you.
- Always walk and use your inside voice.
- Pick up your trash and keep your area clean.
- Eat the meals and snacks that will be provided.
- Bring your tote bag, name tag, workbook, pen, and water bottle each day, and scriptures on specified days.
- Cell phones may only be used to take pictures during the conference or to call parents in the morning before the conference or evening after the conference.
- Do not leave the hotel or switch rooms.
- Stay in your assigned room from 10:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Always have at least two friends with you in the stairwells.
- Wait for other hotel patrons to get off the elevator before you get on.
- Do not put your hotel key next to your cell phone.
- Do not watch TV or use the hotel phones.
- Wear a cover-up (or top and bottoms) and shoes to and from the pool and dry off completely.
- Be fully dressed and wear shoes around the hotel.
- Use ice from the ice machines to fill your water bottle.
- Do not leave EVIT.
- Attend all classes, listen, take notes, and stay seated during presentations.
- Do not go upstairs.
- Do not eat in the Auditorium.
- Stay hydrated by filling water bottles (given at check-in) at the water stations throughout EVIT.
Visits & Visitors
You will not be allowed to leave the conference or have visitors after you have checked-in. Please contact us about special circumstances.