Please read through all the information below to prepare for the conference.
Check-In: Monday June 11, 2018
All attendees check-in on Monday between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. at EVIT (1601 West Main Street, Mesa, Arizona 85201) in the Culinary Building lobby. Girls will check-in at the table that corresponds with their last name. Young women with any medical issues and/or prescription medication(s), as well as food allergies or diet restrictions, must also check-in at the information table. After checking in, girls and their parents will meet their group’s counselor.
Check-Out: Friday June 15, 2018
Parents are invited to the Parent Presentation on Friday from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium. The meeting will provide an overview of the week, a special musical performance, suggestions on how to encourage young women to incorporate the ideas they have been taught into their family life, and a viewing of the highlight video. After the meeting, girls and their parents will be dismissed to the Ballroom to say their goodbyes.
Daily Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Parents will drop off and pick up at the back of the Culinary Building, in the back parking lot. Girls will meet their counselor inside the Ballroom every morning and wait with her every evening to be picked up. If parents are not at EVIT by 9:10 p.m., girls will be taken to the Hyatt Place Hotel (1422 Bass Pro Drive, Mesa, Arizona 85201) and will wait in the lobby with a Director. Parents will need to come inside the hotel to pick young women up.
Monday: Pick-up at 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday: Drop-off at 9:00 a.m. and pick-up at 9:00 p.m.
Friday: Drop-off at 9:00 a.m. and take home at 6:00 p.m. after the Parent Presentation
The nurse will look over medical information provided on all registration forms and contact parents if she has any questions. Young women with any medical issues and/or prescription medication(s) must check-in at the information table on Monday after the initial check-in.
Food Allergies or Diet Restrictions
Although we try to provide meals and snacks that please the majority of our attendees, there are still some food allergies and diet restrictions that we can not fully accommodate. If a young woman has any food allergies or diet restrictions, we will contact parents prior to the conference to make sure we can help meet their needs. Young women with any food allergies or diet restrictions must check-in at the information table on Monday after the initial check-in.
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Scriptures (Your counselor will let you know if you need scriptures for a certain day.)
- Medication(s) (If Applicable)
Young women are expected to wear clothing that meets the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints found in For the Strength of Youth.
- Clothing should be modest, neat, and clean in appearance and fit.
- Shirts must have sleeves that cover shoulders.
- Sheer or lace tops must be worn over a shirt with sleeves that cover shoulders.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must extend to at least the knees (even when wearing leggings).
- Shorts, pants, and jeans must not have any holes.
If girls do not wear clothing that meets these standards, they will be asked to change, parents will be responsible for providing a change of clothes, or they will be given clothes from conference staff.
Monday/Wednesday/Thursday: Regular Outfits
Tuesday (Fashion Show): Girls can wear their outfit for the show all day, or put any part of it in their tote bag until it’s time for the show that evening.
Friday: Pants or Capris (no shorts) & Time to Blossom Shirt (given out during the conference)
- Be Grateful: We are guests at the conference center and hotel. Be grateful for their hospitality by using inside voices, walking instead of running, being respectful to employees, and picking up after ourselves.
- Be Smart: Bring your tote bag, name tag, workbook, pen, and water bottle each day! Leave any distractions, such as iPods, video games, and anything else at home or the hotel. Phones may be used to take pictures during the conference and to call parents in the morning or evening.
- Be Involved: Attend all of the devotionals and classes and take good notes! The Spirit can’t talk to you unless you’re listening. Ask questions and participate!
- Be True: Be honest! Do not leave the conference center, go upstairs, or eat in the Auditorium. Don’t leave the hotel and do not switch rooms. Stay inside your room from 10pm-7am. Counselors will tape your doors so we will know if you stayed inside! Don’t use the hotel TV or phone. No one is allowed to have any visitors (male or female) unless discussed with a Director and Counselor Coordinator.
- Be Still: Happy young women are well-rested young women! Go to sleep when your counselor does lights out and you will have an awesome week!
- Be Humble: Use the buddy system everywhere you go! Always have a buddy when getting a drink, going to the restroom, or going somewhere in the hotel. Always ask your counselor for permission to go somewhere!
- Be Clean: Be clean and tidy in your surroundings. Always remember to clean up after yourself. If there is any damage to the facilities, please report it as soon as it occurs. We need to fix things before they get worse. Damage in the hotel room could result in extra charges. Keep your room tidy and throw away trash. Practice good hygiene and follow the Dress Code.
- Be Positive: Only speak positively about your friends, your group, your counselors, and everything else! Don’t participate in pranks or gossiping. This is a week designed to help you be positive and happy, so let’s start now!
- Be Prayerful: Read your scriptures, pray, and let the Spirit tell you what is right.
Visits & Visitors
Young women will not be allowed to leave or have visitors after they have checked-in to the conference. Please contact us about special circumstances.