Please Note: The Returning Counselor Application and New Counselor Application will both open on Wednesday March 1, 2017.
Counselors are the most important factor in contributing to the success of this life-changing program. They should empower young women with inner strength, courage, and confidence to reach their potential and find lasting happiness.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old, a high school graduate, have completed at least one year of college or trade school, and not married.
- Applicants must be available for the week of Monday June 12 – Friday June 16, 2017.
- Applicants must be able to arrange their own travel to and from the conference.
- Applicants must attend a mandatory training meeting on Saturday June 10, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Counselors are paid $300 for the week.
- Be a good standing member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Have a strong testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be an example of Jesus Christ “at all times, in all things and in all places.”
- Be emotionally and physically capable of working long hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Be cheerful, confident, enthusiastic, and caring.
- Follow the Honor Code:
- Obey all conference rules.
- Be honest.
- Live a chaste and virtuous life.
- Show respect for yourself and others.
- Use clean and uplifting language.
- Live the Word of Wisdom.
- Follow the Dress Code:
- Wear clothing that meets the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints found in For the Strength of Youth.
- Clothing should be modest, neat, and clean in appearance and fit.
- Shirts must have sleeves that cover your shoulders.
- Sheer or lace tops must be worn over a shirt with sleeves that cover your shoulders.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must extend to at least your knees (even when wearing leggings).
- Shorts, pants, and jeans must not have any holes.
- Provide for the physical and spiritual welfare of the young women in your group.
- Work well with others and enjoy working with young women.
- Get to know the young women and make the conference about them.
- Assist each young woman in discovering her divine potential and unique gifts.
- Help the young women have a testimony-strengthening and uplifting week.
- Make sure the young women are actively involved and feel included and needed.
- Motivate, inspire, and energize the young women.
- Make sure your group is on-time to classes and activities.
- Teach devotionals and reflections (and possibly other classes) in small and large group settings.
- Attend (and possibly assist) and actively participate in all classes with your group, and make sure they do the same.
- Help young women maintain proper lecture and concert etiquette.
- Speak, act, and dress as an example to the young women.
- Avoid gossiping, negative comments, and inappropriate conversation.
- Address issues and poor behavior.